The producing team behind “Ray” will take the story of the legendary musician to Broadway, acquiring rights from the Ray Charles Estate and Ray Charles Enterprises. Stuart Benjamin — who worked on “Ray” for 15 years before it opened last fall — will again partner with Howard and Karen Baldwin on the project, to be produced by Benjamin Prods. and Baldwin Entertainment Group. “Ray” grossed $75 million domestically and more than $40 million internationally for Universal. Jamie Foxx won the Oscar for lead actor. Howard Baldwin said in the wake of the film’s performance, people have been clamoring for more.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut