Daniel Radcliffe is breaking Hogwarts’ spell with a star turn in “December Boys,” his first project since embarking on Warner’s “Harry Potter” behemoth five years ago. The A$6.5 million ($5 million) coming-of-age drama, set to shoot on the South Australian coast in November, is adapted from Michael Noonan’s novel of the same name. Radcliffe will play the oldest of four orphans competing for the affections of a childless couple keen to adopt a son. The late ’60s-set drama unfolds at an isolated beach resort, where Radcliffe’s 16-year-old character also has his first love affair.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut