Paramount is spending $4 million for rights to Robert Ludlum’s political thriller “The Chancellor Manuscript,” which it will adapt into a feature to star Leonardo DiCaprio. The film will be produced by Douglas Wick and Lucy Fisher. DiCaprio will play Peter Chancellor, who turns in a novel about D.C. power brokers who are blackmailed into altering U.S. policies. When some operatives get hold of the manuscript, they think he has uncovered their actual scheme and they try to hunt the author down.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut