“Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,” solidifying its status as a success in every major market, won the foreign box office crown for the fourth straight weekend with $10.2 million at 3,200 playdates in 52 countries. The family fave dominated an otherwise moderate offshore week as it grossed slightly more than double a trio of rivals aimed mostly at adult audiences – UIP’s “40-Year-Old Virgin,” Sony’s “Bewitched” and BVI’s “Cinderella Man.” “Charlie” performed best in Japan, where it’s led for four straight weeks, with $3.1 million at 360 engagements to top the launches of “Sin City” and local title “Simishigure” and push its Japanese total to $28.7 million. Its Italian sophomore session easily won that market over the launch of “Bewitched”; in Italy, ” Charlie took in $2.4 million at 428, declining just 11%.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut