Ewan McGregor has committed to his next four movie roles, all in a single film – an untitled British comedy written and to be directed by fellow Scot Peter Capaldi. In the period film within a period film, McGregor will play a 1930s Hollywood star, his stand-in and both of the 18th-century characters they play in the movie they’re shooting. Capaldi’s multilayered script deals with an epic movie being shot in the 1930s about the Jacobite rebellion of 1745, in which Scottish forces loyal to Bonnie Prince Charlie tried to overthrow their English rulers. When the star goes missing, the producers trick an unassuming extra into filling his shoes, with surprising results.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut