New Line has teamed up with Walden Media to co-finance and produce “How to Eat Fried Worms,” an adaptation of the Thomas Rockwell young-adult novel. Bob Dolman (“The Banger Sisters”) wrote the script and will direct. “Fried Worms” is a comedy about an 11-year-old boy whose first day in school devolves into a battle with the school bully. It leads to a dare that the youth can’t eat 10 worms in one day. The kid turns out to be “Fear Factor” material, and his exploits change the balance of power in the fifth grade.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut