Warner Bros. Pictures has bolstered its star stable with Ruki, Yurble, Uni and Kacheek. The studio has closed a deal with NeoPets to make CGI-animated features using 50 different pet species from the kids Web site. Warner Bros. and NeoPets have already determined a concept for the first film and have begun talks with an animation director they would not name. Created in 1991, NeoPets has a global following of about 25 million members – mostly preteens – who log on regularly to create and care for their own virtual pets, follow storylines about the pets that populate Neopia and pit their virtual NeoPets against those of other Web site users.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut