Paramount has tapped Ryan Murphy for “Need,” signing the “Nip/Tuck” creator-exec producer to direct the psychological thriller set up at Sony-based Escape Artists. “Need,” based on Lawrence David’s novel, is about a New York therapist’s discovery that one of her female patients is having an affair with her husband. Murphy is aiming to rewrite the script and begin casting in the fall and shooting in the winter.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut