Continuing to bolster its slate under new topper Daniel Battsek, Disney specialty arm Miramax Films has acquired North American distribution rights to director Stephen Frears’ in-production portrait of the British royal family titled “The Queen.” Shooting in Britain, the movie centers on the royals following the death of Princess Diana in 1997. Helen Mirren stars as Queen Elizabeth II, James Cromwell as Prince Philip and Michael Sheen as Prime Minister Tony Blair. Battsek indicated that the “Queen” release date and pattern haven’t been set but that the movie could wind up as an awards season rollout next year.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut