Pop songbird-actress Christina Milian has been cast opposite Kristen Bell in “Pulse” – a remake of cult Japanese director Kiyoshi Kurosawa’s “Kairo” – for Bob and Harvey Weinstein’s Weinstein Co. The movie, set to start production this month in Romania, is based on an adaptation by Wes Craven and Ray Wright. Jim Sonzero is directing “Pulse,” which also stars Ian Somerhalder (“Lost”), Samm Levine and Rick Gonzalez. The plot surrounds a Web site powered by a sinister force. As more users go to the site, a door to terrifying evil is opened, and some college kids witness a string of bizarre deaths among their classmates. Milian will play Bell’s best friend, a street-smart party girl who uses the Net as a dating tool.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut