Novelist-director Clive Barker has partnered with producer Jorge Saralegui in the Midnight Picture Show, a venture meant to scare up two horror films per year. Most will be based on the prolific author’s short stories published in the six volumes of “The Books of Blood,” or on his original ideas. Lakeshore Entertainment has been set to finance “The Midnight Meat Train,” an adaptation of the Barker story about a New York-based photographer’s effort to track down “the subway butcher,” a search that leads to an unholy secret. The film was adapted by Jeff Buhler and will be directed by Patrick Tatopoulous, a horror vet who has done extensive creature and production design work. Lions Gate will distribute and production will start in the fall.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut