ABC and Fox are headed for an end-of-season smackdown that will pit the season-enders of two of TV’s hottest shows against one another. ABC has decided to expand the finale of the JJ Abrams/Damon Lindelof thriller “Lost” to two hours and, more importantly, schedule it for the last night of the season: Wednesday, May 25, from 8-10 p.m. That will place “Lost” directly opposite Fox’s two-hour season four finale of “American Idol.” “There’s an audience for ‘Lost’ that’s proven to be incredibly loyal,” said ABC Entertainment president Steve McPherson. McPherson said he’s seen “a top secret extensive outline” of the finale, which he labels “phenomenal.” He declined to give plot details but said the finale actually plays out over three hours, beginning with the penultimate episode airing May 18.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut