Doug Liman is masterminding a primetime “Heist” for NBC. The network has greenlit production on a pilot for an hourlong comedic drama to be directed by Liman (“Mr. & Mrs. Smith”) and written by Robb and Mark Cullen (“Lucky”). The project is a co-production between NBC Universal Television and Sony Pictures Television. “Heist” – which has been in the works for nearly 18 months – is an “Ocean’s Eleven”-style hour about a group of thieves who’ll spend the season engineering and executing a grand scheme to simultaneously rob three Rodeo Drive jewelry stores. The twist: They’re planning to pull off the job during Oscar week.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut