New Line and Walden Media have chosen “Jack & Bobby” star Logan Lerman for the lead role in “Hoot.” The family movie, which starts production in July, is being produced by Frank Marshall and Jimmy Buffett, who also will write original music. Vet TV director Wil Shriner (“Everybody Loves Raymond”) is directing and co-wrote the script with Rob Lieber. Lerman plays a Montana boy who moves to Florida and uncovers a plot to destroy a population of endangered owls. He joins with a group of eccentric locals to save the creatures.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut