Harrison Ford will star in the Civil War thriller “Manhunt” for Walden Media, portraying war hero Col. Everton Conger, who led the search for Abraham Lincoln’s assassin. “Manhunt” will be produced by Lawrence Bender (“Pulp Fiction,” both “Kill Bill” films).The screenplay will be penned by Mike Rich (“The Rookie,” “Finding Forrester”). The project will focus on the tense days after Lincoln’s assassination in 1865 at Ford’s Theater and follow the New York Cavalry as they solve the mystery that eventually leads them to John Wilkes Booth, uncovering a plot that threatens to plunge the nation back into war. The movie will be based on James L. Swanson’s upcoming book “Manhunt: The 12-Day Chase for Lincoln’s Killer,” an hour-by-hour account of the search for Booth, to be published by William Morrow in February.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania