Discovery’s Military Channel sibling has bought the cable TV rights to “Gunner Palace,” the theatrical documentary focusing on an Army field-artillery unit during the Iraq war. Filmmaker Michael Tucker spent two months with complete access to members of the unit, who set up their barracks in the bombed-out Baghdad palace of Saddam Hussein’s son Uday. Released to theaters in March, “Gunner Palace” drew a domestic gross of $608,000. Distributor Palm Pictures has qualified the movie for Academy Awards consideration.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut