Days after setting his next film, “Lady in the Water,” at Warner Bros., M. Night Shyamalan is moving quickly to set Paul Giamatti and Bryce Dallas Howard in the starring roles. For several days, the director has been courting Giamatti (“Sideways”) to play a building super who finds a sea nymph in his apartment building’s pool, and he has picked Howard (“The Village”) to play the title character. Warner Bros. will make formal offers to both actors today for an August start date and a July 2006 release.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut