Fox Searchlight will donate 10% of the “Roll Bounce” opening-weekend grosses to Operation USA’s Hurricane Katrina relief efforts. The distributor, working with corporate sibling DirecTV, also will host free screenings of the movie for storm evacuees at more than 80 shelters. “Roll Bounce,” a tale of 1970s inner-city roller rink rivalries, opens Friday at around 1,700 theaters. Fox 2000 president Elizabeth Gabler and Searchlight president Peter Rice said in a joint statement, “This is a small step that we can take to hopefully provide some laughter and entertainment, as well as a significant financial contribution, to the victims of Hurricane Katrina.”
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California