Paramount has chosen Jon Favreau to direct “A Princess of Mars,” the epic adaptation of the Edgar Rice Burroughs sci-fi series. The movie begins with a Civil War veteran whose retreat into a cave to avoid capture by Apache Indians takes an otherworldly turn as he’s transported via time portal to the planet of Barsoom and taken prisoner by 12-foot-tall green men. Burroughs wrote 11 volumes of Carter’s adventures and the studio is hoping the film will launch a franchise. Ehren Kruger rewrote a script by Mark Protosevich, and Ain’t It Cool News’ Harry Knowles is co-producing.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut