With no signs that the horror craze is abating, DreamWorks is moving forward on its third installment of “The Ring.” No writer has been hired, but producer Walter Parkes has confirmed that “Ring 3” is being developed and that the new film will be made on a smaller scale than the first two. Those films, both of which starred Naomi Watts, were in the $60 million range. The new “Ring” will be “by its very nature a small, intimate movie,” Parkes said at a press junket for DreamWorks’ summer tentpole “The Island.” Watts will likely not star this time around. Instead, the movie will be told from the point of view of another character who also has the misfortune of sliding the infamous videotape into the VCR.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut