The “Pirates of the Caribbean” is setting sail online. Disney is developing an “Everquest”-like multiplayer Internet video game set to launch next summer in conjunction with the second film in the “Pirates” franchise. While studios regularly publish or license console games in conjunction with tentpole movies, “Pirates” will be the first to get a multiplayer online game. WB’s video game division recently launched “The Matrix Online” without benefit of a concurrent film.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- ONSLOT, New York, New York
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California