The “Pirates of the Caribbean” is setting sail online. Disney is developing an “Everquest”-like multiplayer Internet video game set to launch next summer in conjunction with the second film in the “Pirates” franchise. While studios regularly publish or license console games in conjunction with tentpole movies, “Pirates” will be the first to get a multiplayer online game. WB’s video game division recently launched “The Matrix Online” without benefit of a concurrent film.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California