Johnny Depp has optioned the nonfiction book “The Bomb in My Garden,” written by Iraq’s top nuclear scientist Mahdi Obeidi and People magazine foreign correspondent Kurt Pitzer, to make into a film. “Bomb” is the story of how, after Saddam Hussein’s capture, Obeidi tried to turn himself and his secrets over to the U.S., only to find the CIA and other government agencies didn’t believe him. The journalist hatched a scheme to get Obeidi and his family out of the country before he was killed by insurgents who wanted to silence him. Obeidi gave over secrets that included a uranium enrichment device he buried in his yard.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut