Warner Bros. has acquired screen rights to “A Long Way Down,” the new novel by Nick Hornby. The film will be produced by Graham King, Johnny Depp and David Heyman. Depp’s attachment is limited to producing at this point. As in past books such as “Fever Pitch,” “High Fidelity” and “About a Boy,” Hornby has written a comic novel about characters with holes in their personal lives. “A Long Way Down” focuses on four people who meet on New Year’s Eve and form a surrogate family to help themselves weather the difficult holiday period.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut