Russell Crowe and Ron Howard are considering “The Power of Duff,” a Stephen Belber-scripted drama that Universal purchased this month. Negotiations are just getting under way for Crowe to play a TV news anchor whose grief over his father’s death prompts him to pray aloud during newscasts. When his prayers begin getting answered, the newsman becomes a most controversial TV figure. The project would be the third teaming for Crowe and Howard after “A Beautiful Mind” and the upcoming “Cinderella Man.”
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania