Russell Crowe and Ron Howard are considering “The Power of Duff,” a Stephen Belber-scripted drama that Universal purchased this month. Negotiations are just getting under way for Crowe to play a TV news anchor whose grief over his father’s death prompts him to pray aloud during newscasts. When his prayers begin getting answered, the newsman becomes a most controversial TV figure. The project would be the third teaming for Crowe and Howard after “A Beautiful Mind” and the upcoming “Cinderella Man.”
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California