Martha Stewart could be coming to primetime much sooner than expected courtesy of a CBS biopic being fast-tracked for a possible May sweeps broadcast. No casting deals had been finalized as of late Wednesday. The TV movie will follow the downfall and (apparent) resurrection of Stewart, starting with the day she took her company public. It will then explore her trial and imprisonment, ending with her seeming rehabilitation and reinvention.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania