Martha Stewart could be coming to primetime much sooner than expected courtesy of a CBS biopic being fast-tracked for a possible May sweeps broadcast. No casting deals had been finalized as of late Wednesday. The TV movie will follow the downfall and (apparent) resurrection of Stewart, starting with the day she took her company public. It will then explore her trial and imprisonment, ending with her seeming rehabilitation and reinvention.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California