Universal Pictures is partnering again with “40-Year-Old Virgin” Steve Carell. The studio has made a deal with Carell to write his own comic vehicle, which is untitled and based on his original idea. The deal comes as Carell prepares to star for director Tom Shadyac in Universal’s “Evan Almighty,” a spinoff of the studio’s hit “Bruce Almighty.” Carell, who co-wrote “Virgin” with director Judd Apatow, will begin writing the script based on his own idea shortly.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut