In the last session before the studios start their summer stretch, distributorss and exhibitorss alike hope that a passel of newcomers will end a blah spring season on a high note. Theaters are preparing for a lot of new films this weekend, with three wide releases and one national expansion. Going out the widest is Universals thriller “The Interpreter” with 2,758 locations. Also opening are Disney’s “A Lot Like Love” at 2,502 venues and New Line laffer “King’s Ransom” at 1,508. Also, after playing two weeks on seven screens, Sony Pictures Classic’s “Kung Fu Hustle” will move up to 2,500 playdates. Next week, Sony and Disney will attempt to move up the summer starting line to the end of April with “XXX: State of the Union” and “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.”
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- Ringling College of Art and Design, Sarasota, Florida
- MRC, Beverly Hills, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California