Tribeca Film Festival co-founder Robert De Niro and Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos announced Thursday that the giant online retailer is hosting a short-film competition in connection with the festival. The winning filmmaker will score a $50,000 grant from American Express, official sponsor of Tribeca. In an interesting twist, visitors to Amazon’s Web site will be the ones selecting the five finalists and then the winning film.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut