You will be redirected back to your article in seconds

Springer takes another step toward buyout

Pub mogul makes another offer for ProSieben

BERLIN — German publishing giant Axel Springer is making a second offer to buy out minority shareholders of ProSiebenSat.1 as part of its $4.9 billion takeover of the broadcast group from Hollywood entrepreneur Haim Saban.

Springer has picked up nearly 13% of the publicly-listed, non-voting preference shares. The buy-out offer is mandatory under German law.

While the deal is subject to approval by federal antitrust authorities and media regulators, Springer now has approximately 70% of the TV group and is seeking to buy the remaining 30% from the stock market.

Springer is offering about $16.88 a piece for the remaining shares until Nov. 3.

ProSiebenSat.1 shareholders who decline the offer will receive preference shares in the combined Springer/ProSiebenSat1 group as part of the merger.

More Biz

  • get out Oscar Race

    'Get Out' Awards Category Dilemma: Film Defies Easy Labels, Cast Says

    BERLIN — German publishing giant Axel Springer is making a second offer to buy out minority shareholders of ProSiebenSat.1 as part of its $4.9 billion takeover of the broadcast group from Hollywood entrepreneur Haim Saban. Springer has picked up nearly 13% of the publicly-listed, non-voting preference shares. The buy-out offer is mandatory under German law. […]

  • David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman Mandeville

    Media Access Awards Honor Hollywood for Depicting People With Disabilities

    BERLIN — German publishing giant Axel Springer is making a second offer to buy out minority shareholders of ProSiebenSat.1 as part of its $4.9 billion takeover of the broadcast group from Hollywood entrepreneur Haim Saban. Springer has picked up nearly 13% of the publicly-listed, non-voting preference shares. The buy-out offer is mandatory under German law. […]

  • This, photo shows the 21st Century

    Sony Pictures Joins 21st Century Fox Hunt as Deal Talk Spreads Across Biz

    BERLIN — German publishing giant Axel Springer is making a second offer to buy out minority shareholders of ProSiebenSat.1 as part of its $4.9 billion takeover of the broadcast group from Hollywood entrepreneur Haim Saban. Springer has picked up nearly 13% of the publicly-listed, non-voting preference shares. The buy-out offer is mandatory under German law. […]

  • Songs for Screens Powered by Mac

    Songs for Screens: Exclusive Premiere From Poo Bear and T-Bone Burnett; The Avalanches Hit The Slopes With North Face (Listen)

    BERLIN — German publishing giant Axel Springer is making a second offer to buy out minority shareholders of ProSiebenSat.1 as part of its $4.9 billion takeover of the broadcast group from Hollywood entrepreneur Haim Saban. Springer has picked up nearly 13% of the publicly-listed, non-voting preference shares. The buy-out offer is mandatory under German law. […]

  • India’s PVR Buys Stake in iPic

    India’s PVR Buys Stake in iPic U.S. Luxury Theater Chain

    BERLIN — German publishing giant Axel Springer is making a second offer to buy out minority shareholders of ProSiebenSat.1 as part of its $4.9 billion takeover of the broadcast group from Hollywood entrepreneur Haim Saban. Springer has picked up nearly 13% of the publicly-listed, non-voting preference shares. The buy-out offer is mandatory under German law. […]

  • Fusion Media Group

    Univision Seeking to Sell Minority Stake in Fusion Media Group

    BERLIN — German publishing giant Axel Springer is making a second offer to buy out minority shareholders of ProSiebenSat.1 as part of its $4.9 billion takeover of the broadcast group from Hollywood entrepreneur Haim Saban. Springer has picked up nearly 13% of the publicly-listed, non-voting preference shares. The buy-out offer is mandatory under German law. […]

  • Brett Ratner

    Brett Ratner Steps Down From Simon Wiesenthal Center Board Amid Sexual Misconduct Claims

    BERLIN — German publishing giant Axel Springer is making a second offer to buy out minority shareholders of ProSiebenSat.1 as part of its $4.9 billion takeover of the broadcast group from Hollywood entrepreneur Haim Saban. Springer has picked up nearly 13% of the publicly-listed, non-voting preference shares. The buy-out offer is mandatory under German law. […]

More From Our Brands

Access exclusive content