The Peacock is shuffling its PR feathers, tapping a trio of execs for top posts within the NBC Universal Television Group.
Reorganization comes in the wake of May’s merger between NBC and Universal. Among the chief promotions:
- Kathy Kelly-Brown has been put in charge of NBC Entertainment publicity. She had overseen primetime series and longform PR since last year, working on campaigns for the hit drama “Las Vegas” and the top-rated mini “10.5.”
- Curt King will oversee PR for the NBC Universal Television Studio and corporate entertainment matters. He had headed up publicity for NBC Studios and corporate communications, while also playing a key role in the integration of NBC and U’s PR divisions.
- Jennifer Skorlich will take charge of all cable entertainment publicity, overseeing PR for USA, Sci Fi, Bravo and Trio. She’ll also remain in charge of latenight publicity but will name her own replacement at Bravo, where she helped oversee the PR efforts that contributed to the net’s rapid ratings rise over the past year.
All of the above execs will report to Rebecca Marks, senior VP for NUT Group publicity. Marks’ portfolio has been expanded to include PR efforts for NBC Entertainment, NBC Universal Cable, NBC Universal Television Studio and NBC Universal Television Distribution.
Also working with Marks will be Tom Bierbaum, who has been upped to VP of ratings and program information. And as previously reported, Joe Schlosser will serve as VP of Universal Television Distribution (Daily Variety, May 17).
Marks reports to NUT Group prexy Jeff Zucker and Anna Perez, exec VP of NBC U corporate communications. Zucker announced the promotions Thursday.
With a new PR team in place, “We know our programs will get the best media attention in an arena that is crucial to our success, especially since the competition gets tougher each year,” Zucker said.
In addition to Marks’ direct reports, NBC has also upped several publicity execs to VP, reassigned several veterans and added some new staffers:
- Liza Rindge-Peterson has been tapped VP of daytime, specials and longform PR, while Deborah Thomas has been named VP of primetime and alternative series. Both report to Kelly-Brown.
- Scott Tallman will serve as VP of events and operations, reporting to King. He had been VP of marketing at Universal TV Group.
- In addition to keeping his NBC Agency responsibilities, Kim Reed takes on the new title of VP, publicity, for USA Network, heading up USA’s West Coast PR efforts. He reports to USA network senior VP of publicity John Kelley.
Also reporting to Kelley: Joanna Giddon, who shifts from NBC primetime PR to director of publicity for USA Network.
- On the director of publicity level, execs include Wendy Luckenbill; newly hired Joe Libonati (primetime series); and Carrie Simons (daytime).
- Working with Bierbaum are ratings vet Jeff De Rome (upped to senior analyst for ratings and program information and joining NBC full-time) and Matt Curran (manager, ratings information).
- New managers of publicity include Adam Giagni and Tracy St. Pierre.
Separately, NBC U senior VP of corporate communications and media relations Cory Shields has ankled his Gotham-based post. Peacock vet is moving to J. Walter Thompson, where he’ll be exec VP and chief communications officer for the ad giant.