Five finalists from 39 entries have been selected for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences’ 2004 Honorary Foreign Film Student award.
The winning student filmmaker will be brought to Los Angeles in June to participate, along with the U.S.-based winners of the 31st Student Academy Awards.
The awards presentation ceremony is set for June 13 in Beverly Hills.
- “Between Us,” Laurits Munch-Petersen, National Film School of Denmark.
- “Fragile,” Sikander Goldau, Hochschule fur Fernsehen und Film, Germany.
- “Let’s Go for a Walk,” Julia Kolesnik, Russian State Institute of Cinematography (VGIK).
- “Metropolitan Express,” Artem Antonov, St. Petersburg State U of Cinema and Television, Russia.
- “Pas de Deux,” Lawrence Grimm, U of Applied Sciences and Arts, Zurich, Switzerland.