Michael Bay

Michael Bay has discharged CAA after more than a decade at the agency.

The director told Daily Variety that he doesn’t know who his next agent will be. However, Bay does know one thing: His next picture won’t be an action movie.

“Somehow, I got kind of stuck doing the same movies,” said the director of “Bad Boys 2,” “Pearl Harbor” and “The Rock.”

“It’s convenient for people to keep you in that space because you’re making them a lot of money,” he said. “I’ve earned the chance to be risky.”

Bay said he delivered the news to CAA on Friday. He added that he almost left the agency last year, just before the start of production on “Bad Boys 2.”

“I want to change it up,” said Bay, who spoke from the editing bay where he was cutting an ad for Victoria’s Secret. “I’ve never tried another agency, and I want to see what it’s like.”

Bay’s movies have earned more than $1.5 billion worldwide. Upcoming is “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre,” which was directed by Marcus Nispel and pro-duced by Bay through his Platinum Dunes.

More Scene

More From Our Brands

Access exclusive content