Canal Plus inks deal with Pathe

World Brief

Canal Plus and Pathe have inked the previously announced deal that gives the Gallic pay TV service 60% of cable and satellite channel Pathe Sport (Daily Variety, March 21).

Under the deal, Canal Plus will manage the web and buy the remaining 40% of its shares by the end of the year.

In a separate agreement also inked Friday, Pathe acquired 60% of the shares of Monegasque des Ondes, which produces the TMC channel, from Vivendi Universal subsidiary Fidimages and Canal Plus. Pathe will manage that company.

More TV

  • Dirk Gently renewed season 2

    'Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency' Canceled by BBC America

    Canal Plus and Pathe have inked the previously announced deal that gives the Gallic pay TV service 60% of cable and satellite channel Pathe Sport (Daily Variety, March 21). Under the deal, Canal Plus will manage the web and buy the remaining 40% of its shares by the end of the year. In a separate […]

  • Delayed Viewing Ratings: 'Designated Survivor' Rises

    Delayed Viewing Ratings: 'Designated Survivor' Rises 120 Percent in Week 10

    Canal Plus and Pathe have inked the previously announced deal that gives the Gallic pay TV service 60% of cable and satellite channel Pathe Sport (Daily Variety, March 21). Under the deal, Canal Plus will manage the web and buy the remaining 40% of its shares by the end of the year. In a separate […]

  • Geoffrey C. Ward speaks on stage

    'Vietman War' Writer Geoffrey C. Ward Honored by Writers Guild of America East

    Canal Plus and Pathe have inked the previously announced deal that gives the Gallic pay TV service 60% of cable and satellite channel Pathe Sport (Daily Variety, March 21). Under the deal, Canal Plus will manage the web and buy the remaining 40% of its shares by the end of the year. In a separate […]

  • Amazon Passes on Comedy Pilots 'Sea

    Amazon Passes on Comedy Pilots 'Sea Oak,' 'The Climb' and 'Love You More'

    Canal Plus and Pathe have inked the previously announced deal that gives the Gallic pay TV service 60% of cable and satellite channel Pathe Sport (Daily Variety, March 21). Under the deal, Canal Plus will manage the web and buy the remaining 40% of its shares by the end of the year. In a separate […]

  • NCIS New Orleans

    TNT Acquires Rerun Rights to 'NCIS: New Orleans'

    Canal Plus and Pathe have inked the previously announced deal that gives the Gallic pay TV service 60% of cable and satellite channel Pathe Sport (Daily Variety, March 21). Under the deal, Canal Plus will manage the web and buy the remaining 40% of its shares by the end of the year. In a separate […]

  • Our Staff Picks: TV Shows to

    Our Staff Picks: TV Shows to Watch the Week of Dec. 18, 2017

    Canal Plus and Pathe have inked the previously announced deal that gives the Gallic pay TV service 60% of cable and satellite channel Pathe Sport (Daily Variety, March 21). Under the deal, Canal Plus will manage the web and buy the remaining 40% of its shares by the end of the year. In a separate […]

More From Our Brands

Access exclusive content