Frank Whaley is a “Sun God.”
The “Swimming With Sharks” survivor and “The Jimmy Show” writer-director-producer-thesp has been cast in the Touchstone Television comedy pilot for the Alphabet, along with thesps Paul Gleason (“Money Talks”) and Channon Roe (“Can’t Hardly Wait”).
Deals were among the latest to emerge as finishing touches were put on TV pilot casts Wednesday.
Meanwhile, Warner Bros. Television has gotten into “The Big Fix.” The Fox comedy pilot from David Sacks and starring French Stewart now will be produced by Castle Rock Entertainment in association with WBTV.
Here’s the latest in pilot casting:
- Whaley, Gleason and Roe will portray co-workers at a solar paneling company in “Sun Gods.” Patrick O’Neill, Steve Pink and D.V. DeVincentis are the scribes-exec producers. Whaley is repped by APA and managed by Shelter Entertainment.
- Manny Perez (“100 Centre Street”) has joined Andie McDowell and Kathleen Chalfant in the cast of “Jo,” a CBS drama pilot from CBS Prods. and Spelling Television. McDowell stars as a veterinarian who moves to North Carolina from Manhattan, where she joins her mom’s (Chalfant’s) practice. Perez, who is repped by Don Buchwald & Associates and TMT Management, will play a veterinary student mentored by Chalfant.
- Lorri Bagley (“Veronica’s Closet”) has joined Fox’s “BS.” Project, aka “Boarding School,” is from scribe-exec producer Jeffrey Klarik. Half-hour revolves around a group of teen girls living together at a Vermont boarding school. Skein comes from Imagine Television in association with 20th Century Fox TV. Imagine’s Tony Krantz and Brian Grazer are on board as exec producers as well.
- Emily VanKamp, one of the stars of WB’s “Glory Days,” has been added to the Treat Williams-headlined WB pilot “Everwood.” John Beasley (“The Gift”) also has been cast in the project, to be produced by Warner Bros. Television. Williams plays a widowed doctor who moves his family from New York to a small Colorado town.
- Film and TV thesp Jacob Vargas (“Traffic,” “Mi Familia”) has landed a role in Big Ticket-produced WB pilot “Just Like You.” Thesp, repped by Nine Yards Entertainment and Paradigm, will portray the black sheep of the large Latino family the show is centered on. Aimee Garcia of PBS’ “American Family” has already been cast.
- Shaun Majumder and Amy Brassette have joined Fox’s half-hour sketch/variety pilot “Cedric,” starring Cedric the Entertainer, in the roles of Guy and Girl, respectively. Matt Wickline and John Bowman are the scribe-exec producers, while Stan Lathan is exec producer and director of the project from 20th Century Fox TV.
(Susanne Ault contributed to this report.)