Sam Shepard has been added to the cast of New Line Cinema’s “The Notebook,” based on Nicholas Sparks’ novel of the same name. Shepard rounds out a cast that includes Joan Allen, James Garner, Ryan Gosling, Rachel McAdams and Gena Rowlands. Principal photography is skedded to commence on Nov. 7, in and around Charleston, S.C., under the direction of Nick Cassavetes. Shepard next stars in “Leo,” which bowed at the Toronto Film Festival.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California