Sam Shepard has been added to the cast of New Line Cinema’s “The Notebook,” based on Nicholas Sparks’ novel of the same name. Shepard rounds out a cast that includes Joan Allen, James Garner, Ryan Gosling, Rachel McAdams and Gena Rowlands. Principal photography is skedded to commence on Nov. 7, in and around Charleston, S.C., under the direction of Nick Cassavetes. Shepard next stars in “Leo,” which bowed at the Toronto Film Festival.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California