Natascha McElhone will star in the Steven Soderbergh-directed “Solaris,” joining George Clooney in the sci-fi drama being produced by Lightstorm Entertainment principals James Cameron, Rae Sanchini and Jon Landau for Fox. Production will begin April 29, and Fox will release the film Dec. 13. Scripted by Soderbergh, the film is an adaptation of a Russian novel by Stanislaw Lem that first found its way to the screen as a 1972 Andrei Tarkovsky-directed Russian film. Best known for gigs in “The Truman Show,” “Ronin” and “The Devil’s Own,” McElhone will next be seen starring alongside Joseph Fiennes and Heather Graham in the Chen Kaige-directed “Killing Me Softly” for MGM. She also recently wrapped roles in “City of Ghosts” and “Laurel Canyon.”
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California