Jonathan Silverman is set to join Forest Whitaker and Ossie Davis in Showtime telepic “Deacons of Defense,” a docudrama from producer Robert Rehme. Bill Duke will helm the project, which focuses on a black militant vigilante organization formed in Louisiana in 1964 to protect blacks against attacks from the Ku Klux Klan. Silverman, who this year appeared in Showtime pic “Bobbie’s Girl,” will play a Civil Rights League member who joins their fight.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut