MONTREAL — Montreal World Film Festival president Serge Losique announced Monday that the jury for this year’s edition of the competitive fest will comprise seven members, including seasoned Quebec helmer Claude Fournier and Russian director Sergei Bodrov.The jury members are Fournier, whose credits include “The Tin Flute,” “The Mills of Power” and this year’s Canadian B.O. hit “J’En Suis”; Chicago Tribune film critic Michael Wilmington; Spanish director Gerardo Herrero, whose pics include “Comanche Territory”; Russian scripter and helmer Bodrov, who directed last year’s “Prisoner of the Mountains”; Indian director Shyam Benegal; Italian writer-director Giovanna Gagliardo; and Brazilian producer Luiz Carlos Barreto. The festival takes place Aug. 22-Sept. 2.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California