Boca bolsters exec ranks

Puerta, Bejerano, Baviano, Ereno, Ribate hires show expansion

MADRID — Cesar Benitez’s BocaBoca Producciones has announced a raft of new appointments, led by Xabi Puerta as director of contents, to strengthen its position as one of Spain’s top film and TV production houses.

The former head of creation, development and projects at Basque prodco Pausoka, Puerta wrote, directed and produced the drama “Goenkale,” a ratings smash hit for Basque pubcaster ETB.

BocaBoca also tapped Fernando Bejerano, the well-known head of communication at influential Fapae producers lobby, as director of communication.

Angel Baviano has been named director of entertainment, Alfredo Ereno director of marketing and communication and Ignacio Ribate head of finance and management.

The management makeover signals a new phase of expansion at Boca in Spain and abroad.

The producer of primetime hits including drama “El Comisario,” and gameshow “Pasapalabra,” Boca is 30% owned by powerful Spanish publishing and media group Correo. Benitez holds the remaining 70%.

More Biz

  • Sag Awards Preview

    How to Watch SAG Awards 2018 Online

    MADRID — Cesar Benitez’s BocaBoca Producciones has announced a raft of new appointments, led by Xabi Puerta as director of contents, to strengthen its position as one of Spain’s top film and TV production houses. The former head of creation, development and projects at Basque prodco Pausoka, Puerta wrote, directed and produced the drama “Goenkale,” […]

  • Women's March rallyWomen's March rally, New

    Celebrities Champion LA, NYC Women's Marches: 'March On, My Sisters!'

    MADRID — Cesar Benitez’s BocaBoca Producciones has announced a raft of new appointments, led by Xabi Puerta as director of contents, to strengthen its position as one of Spain’s top film and TV production houses. The former head of creation, development and projects at Basque prodco Pausoka, Puerta wrote, directed and produced the drama “Goenkale,” […]

  • L.A. Women's March: Scarlett Johansson, Viola

    Viola Davis, Scarlett Johansson, Others Rally Thousands at Los Angeles Women's March

    MADRID — Cesar Benitez’s BocaBoca Producciones has announced a raft of new appointments, led by Xabi Puerta as director of contents, to strengthen its position as one of Spain’s top film and TV production houses. The former head of creation, development and projects at Basque prodco Pausoka, Puerta wrote, directed and produced the drama “Goenkale,” […]

  • Thousands of people gather holding protest

    Marchers Reference 'Get Out,' 'Black Mirror' at New York City Women's March

    MADRID — Cesar Benitez’s BocaBoca Producciones has announced a raft of new appointments, led by Xabi Puerta as director of contents, to strengthen its position as one of Spain’s top film and TV production houses. The former head of creation, development and projects at Basque prodco Pausoka, Puerta wrote, directed and produced the drama “Goenkale,” […]

  • Los Angeles Women's March

    How to Watch the Los Angeles Women’s March Online

    MADRID — Cesar Benitez’s BocaBoca Producciones has announced a raft of new appointments, led by Xabi Puerta as director of contents, to strengthen its position as one of Spain’s top film and TV production houses. The former head of creation, development and projects at Basque prodco Pausoka, Puerta wrote, directed and produced the drama “Goenkale,” […]

  • Lori Mccreary and Gary Lucchesi PGA

    How Harvey Weinstein Drove the PGA to Combat Sexual Harassment on Set

    MADRID — Cesar Benitez’s BocaBoca Producciones has announced a raft of new appointments, led by Xabi Puerta as director of contents, to strengthen its position as one of Spain’s top film and TV production houses. The former head of creation, development and projects at Basque prodco Pausoka, Puerta wrote, directed and produced the drama “Goenkale,” […]

  • Bob Bakish, President and CEO of

    Viacom CEO Bob Bakish Earned $20.3 Million in 2017

    MADRID — Cesar Benitez’s BocaBoca Producciones has announced a raft of new appointments, led by Xabi Puerta as director of contents, to strengthen its position as one of Spain’s top film and TV production houses. The former head of creation, development and projects at Basque prodco Pausoka, Puerta wrote, directed and produced the drama “Goenkale,” […]

More From Our Brands

Access exclusive content