Thousands of our U.S. veterans are dying each year now. They have made contributions to efforts on behalf of the freedoms we not only enjoy the privilege of, but have benefited our whole lives, sometimes at the cost of life, limb and sacrifice we will never know in our lifetimes.Consider that a U.S. postal stamp today has been dedicated to the likes of rock stars, cartoon characters and comedians but the remembrance of veterans who earned the Purple Heart for valor and bravery is likely to disappear along with the vast amounts of information that filter through our all-too-short-term memories. Too often we confuse artistic expression with the fact that we have freedoms to express ourselves as no nation has. Democracy is a responsibility. Do not forget those who claimed it for us.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- Ringling College of Art and Design, Sarasota, Florida
- MRC, Beverly Hills, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California