Actors thrilled to be back, Farrell sez
HOLLYWOOD — Our long, national “Becker” crisis is over: The Paramount laffer’s supporting cast has resolved its dispute with the studio.
“Becker” stars Terry Farrell, Alex Desert, Saverio Guerra, Shawnee Smith and Hattie Winston returned to work Friday after settling their lawsuit with Paramount Network TV.
The “Becker” five skipped work Wednesday and Thursday last week after filing a breach-of-contract suit against Paramount. With everyone back on the set, a Par statement said that “all differences” had been resolved.
“There were some misunderstandings and miscommunication regarding Paramount policy, which have been cleared up, and everyone is delighted that production will resume and (that) ‘Becker’ will remain on schedule,” the statement said.
Had the actors not shown up for work by this week, production would have shut down before “Becker’s” Wednesday night taping.
The actors had argued that Par reneged on a written agreement to re-negotiate a raise that would take effect beginning with the show’s fourth season.
Terms of the “Becker” cast’s arrangement with Paramount weren’t immediately available Friday.
Speaking on behalf of the actors, Farrell said she was “delighted” that they were able to “resolve our differences with Paramount. We are all thrilled to be back on stage.”