Russell “Spike” Nannarello, a lighting director and cameraman, died of a heart attack Friday at his home in Northridge. He was 53.Nannarello served as a unit photographer on numerous television series, including “Everybody Loves Raymond,” “Seinfeld” and “Chicago Hope,” as well as on numerous telepics. During his 30-year career in the entertainment industry, he also worked as a still photographer. Nannarello is survived by his wife of 23 years, Patricia, his mother and his sister. Services will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday in the Prayer Chapel at The Church On the Way, 14344 Sherman Way, Van Nuys. Reception immediately following service at the Nannarello home, 8747 Encino Ave., Northridge, CA 91325, (818) 998-6141. Family suggests donations in his name be made to the Spike Nannarello Memorial Fund at the Taft Football Booster Club, Taft High School, 5461 Winnetka Ave., Woodland Hills, CA 91364.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut