On the heels of wrapping Steven Spielberg’s “A.I.,” and John Woo’s “Windtalkers,” Australian thesp Frances O’Connor (“Mansfield Park” “Bedazzled”) is set to join Judi Dench, Rupert Everett, Colin Firth and Reese Witherspoon in Oliver Parker’s adaptation of “The Importance of Being Earnest.” O’Connor has been cast as Gwendolyn Fairfax, the object of Jack Worthing’s (Firth), aka “Earnest’s,” affection. The Miramax/Fragile Films pic will go before cameras April 23 in London.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- Ringling College of Art and Design, Sarasota, Florida
- MRC, Beverly Hills, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California