On the heels of wrapping Steven Spielberg’s “A.I.,” and John Woo’s “Windtalkers,” Australian thesp Frances O’Connor (“Mansfield Park” “Bedazzled”) is set to join Judi Dench, Rupert Everett, Colin Firth and Reese Witherspoon in Oliver Parker’s adaptation of “The Importance of Being Earnest.” O’Connor has been cast as Gwendolyn Fairfax, the object of Jack Worthing’s (Firth), aka “Earnest’s,” affection. The Miramax/Fragile Films pic will go before cameras April 23 in London.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California