Filmmaker Dale Davis, whose niche was surf films, died ThursdaySept. 13 at Sherman Oaks (Calif.) Hospital following a lengthy illness. He was 61.Known in the international surfing community for such movies as “Liquid Space,” “Strictly Hot” and “Golden Breed,” his lensed wave shots were used in features including “The Poseidon Adventure” and such TV series as “Hawaii Five-O.” A California native, Davis spent most of his life promoting and developing surfing as a national and international sport. He is survived by a sister.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut