Charles Pettigrew, part of the soul duo Charles & Eddie, died April 6 of cancer in Philadelphia. He was 37.Pettigrew and singing partner Eddie Chacon had an international hit “Would I Lie to You,” in 1992 off of their “Duophonic” album. Their follow-up record, “Chocolate Milk,” was released in 1995. The Philadelphia native studied jazz singing at Berklee School of Music in Boston and, in the 1980s, fronted the pop band Down Avenue. He is survived by his mother, two sisters and two nephews.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut