Carl J. Ferrazza, a 46-year veteran of the motion picture industry and former vice president of field activities and national promotion for Orion Pictures, died Nov. 15 of natural causes in New York. He was 80.A longtime publicist popular with producers, personalities and press, Ferrazza was a pioneer in organizing and was an active voting member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences. Born in Cleveland, he began his motion picture career working for various theaters, including the Loews chain. In 1959, he was appointed Midwest field representative for Universal Pictures. In 1968 he moved to United Artist Pictures as VP field operations. He is survived by his wife, Nina, a son and two brothers.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut