With her drop-dead stare and rock-hard physique, Angelina Jolie is Lara Croft, the hot interactive game character and star of Eidos Interactive’s phenomenally successful “Tomb Raider” game series. It takes serious chutzpah to bring an animated heroine to life, but Paramount is pulling out all the stops with this one, betting with that kind of fan base in place, ticket sales are sure to be huge, and counting on director Simon West (“Con Air”) to deliver. Plot details are hazy, but sources say stunts include skydiving, motorcycle riding and swimming with eels — and we’ll hazard a guess that Jolie spends some of her screen time kicking ass in her quest to save the world.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California