With her drop-dead stare and rock-hard physique, Angelina Jolie is Lara Croft, the hot interactive game character and star of Eidos Interactive’s phenomenally successful “Tomb Raider” game series. It takes serious chutzpah to bring an animated heroine to life, but Paramount is pulling out all the stops with this one, betting with that kind of fan base in place, ticket sales are sure to be huge, and counting on director Simon West (“Con Air”) to deliver. Plot details are hazy, but sources say stunts include skydiving, motorcycle riding and swimming with eels — and we’ll hazard a guess that Jolie spends some of her screen time kicking ass in her quest to save the world.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California