Talk about false advertising: “Scary Movie’s” original tagline promised “No Mercy. No Shame. No Sequel.” No problem — Memory is short and profits are potentially steep (the original reaped $260 million at the box office). “Scary Movie 2″ returns with a whole new set of jokes and a potentially lethal returning cast and crew — including Marlon and Shawn Wayans and Anna Faris in front of the camera and Keenan Ivory Wayans behind it. The first took aim at teen horror flicks; this spoof targets classic horror movies. We’ll have to wait to see if “Rocky Horror” qualifies, although with Tim Curry on the roster, anything’s possible.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California