Aliens taking over the world is an old idea, but so was the concept of poltergeists — until Ivan Reitman got hold of it. The “Ghostbusters” helmer takes on a twisted theory of evolution in a pic with David Duchovny, Orlando Jones, Seann William Scott and Julianne Moore as the only people standing between aliens and world domination. These aliens’ evolutionary cycle has sped up, meaning changes that took us billions of years, they accomplish in a month. Like “The X-Files” meets “Airplane,” “Evolution” pokes fun at the deadpan delivery of Duchovny and Moore and sports the irreverent tagline “Have a nice end of the world.”
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania